I didn’t manage to get a nice photo of this. Traditionally, one would use only bitter Seville oranges as the citrus, but those are not typically available where I live. The lemon and grapefruit are meant to make up for the use of sweet oranges.
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, sliced
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cinnamon stick, crushed
- 8 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups sugar, depending on your tastes and how dry the wine is
- 2 liters rosé wine (white would probably work too)
- 1 1/2 cups vodka, 100 proof if you can find it
Mix all ingredients in clean jars, let sit for a month or two before straining.