This is a Pakistani-Mexican creation of our own. The amounts for different components are approximate, but all of them are easily reused in other recipes.
Chile Relleno Chaat (serves 2-3):
- 6 chiles poblano
- 1/2 recipe Potato and Pea Samosa Filling
- Pudeena Chutney a la Mexicana (below)
- Pakora Batter
- Chutney Tamarindo con Chile Pasilla (below)
Stuff chiles with samosa filling, hold closed with toothpicks. Dip in pakora batter and fry in oil. Serve with pudeena chutney and chutney tamarindo.
Pudeena Chutney a la Mexicana:
In the standard mint chutney recipe, substitute 3 boiled tomatillos for the bell pepper.
Chutney Tamarindo con Chile Pasilla:
- 1/2 cup tamarind extract
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 2 tsp ground roasted cumin
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 chiles pasilla, ground
Heat all ingredients and simmer until somewhat reduced. Let cool before using.