Pesto Shrimp Lasagna (serves 10):
- homemade pasta made with 3 1/3 cups flour and 6 eggs, cooked (see here)
- 2 cups basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp pine nuts or almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste dissolved in 1/2 white wine
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
Blend the basil, nuts, and garlic for the pesto. Mix in the salt, olive oil, parmesan, and ricotta.
Saute the shrimp briefly in oil with the garlic. Add the tomato paste mixture and let cook for a few minutes. Add cream, and blend mixture until some chunks of shrimp still remain.
Preheat the oven to 350*. Alternate noodles, pesto, noodles, shrimp sauce, and so on. Finish with a grating of parmesan. Cook for 10 minutes, or until warmed through.